Real Housewife of Rhinebeck

real world. real housewifery. or something like that.

Leave a comment

Maybe It’s Not My Time Yet

So I’m sitting at the lab waiting to do a pee test (at least that’s what I think I’m here for). As you know, I’ve been trying to get pregnant. (And build a house, buy a dump truck, new tractor, new car… all in the same year! Talk about stress!) Both of my sisters in law are pregnant, K with a girl and M with a boy. All along I thought I’d get pregnant quickly (T’s family seems to be good at making babies) and me and my sisters in law could all be pregnant together. It would have been nice not to go through it alone since none of my close friends (which I guess limits me to quite a small number of people) are having babies.

I then accepted that not everyone gets pregnant right away. I’m in my fifth month of trying which is certainly not a period of time to get concerned with. I have been trying to deal with my medical issues and get them figured out in the meantime. I have been to the ENT and allergist and have a whole slew of silly allergies like mold, trees, grass, dust, dogs (I think I laughed in his face when he told me that), etc. He switched me from Claritan D to Flonase and Astepro. They worked for a bit and now I have switched back to Claritan D (without the doctor telling me of course) because my endocronologist said that Flonase and Astepro were category C drugs. Apparently Astepro caused miscarriages in pregnant rats. That does not sound conduisive to babymaking and since Claritan D is a category B drug I figure I’ll take my chances until I find out I’m preggers.

The thing that really concerns me is my thyroid and hormones. I’ve known for a long time that I have a thyroid nodule. Now I have three. The doctor says they’re very small and nothing to worry about. My blood tests came back with my TSH and thyroid studies at pretty much normal (the same while on the pill and now off). Now, however, my testosterone levels are slightly elevated. So here I am. I believe she tested me for PCOS but she hasn’t said anything about it. As far as I know I don’t have cysts on my ovaries, but I seem to have other symptoms. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I have a feeling the road ahead may be a little tougher than we thought, but I’m still optomistic. I’m trying to stay positive but informed. T always tells me I work myself into a panic. I’m trying not to do that. I have enough stress with the house and all of the new equipment/bills.

I guess it’s not our time yet. Maybe it’s waiting for us to christen the new house! Here’s hoping!